Rearrangements in Tallinn traffic and parking during Song and Dance Festival 2019
In relation to the XXVII Song and XX Dance Festival “My Fatherland is my Love” anniversary celebrations on July 04-07, Ühisteenused is helping rearrange city traffic during the jubilee week to ensure traffic safety for participants and spectators, area residents, employees of companies and customers. This year`s festivities involve the city of Tallinn from Kassisaba district to Kadriorg, which means that residents of these areas and everyone active there have to consider the traffic rearrangements and parking restrictions established by Tallinn City Government already in the first week of July.
Important information about traffic rearrangements
- The main traffic and parking rearrangements in Tallinn affect the areas in the vicinity of Kalev Stadium and Tallinn Song Festival Ground and areas along the route of the procession.
- The rearrangements are established at different periods, max during the week of festivities i.e. the first week of July (01.07-07.07.2019).
- Temporary traffic signs and traffic managers in neon vests direct the new traffic and parking arrangement in the festivities` areas.
Main areas of traffic and parking rearrangements:
KALEV STADIUM AREA
The following streets are closed to public traffic and only vehicles with the organiser`s special permits servicing the festival and local residents` vehicles are allowed to drive and park on these streets. In the given streets, the traffic speed is restricted to 30 km/h during this time period.
From July 01, 7 AM until July 05, 11 PM:
Võistluse St – converted to a one-way street from the side of Filtri Street, parking is prohibited, except for vehicles with special permit on the left side of the street up to Võistluse 23 building, stopping is prohibited from Võistluse 23 building to Püssirohu St. Passage from Püssirohu St to Võistluse St (towards Staadioni St) is closed.
Püssirohu St – converted to a one-way street from the side of Võistluse St, stopping on left side of the street is prohibited, parking on the right side of the street is allowed only with special permits.
Herne St – stopping is prohibited around Tallinn Athletics Hall until July 05, midnight.
Juhkentali St – buses with special permits are allowed under exceptional cicumstances to stop in both directions on the Staadioni-Püssirohu stretch to allow participants to enter and exit, parking of coaches with special permits is organised in the right-hand lane of Püssirohu St- Rimi (pedestrian crossing).
Staadioni St – closed for public traffic and parking from June 30 to July 05, except vehicles with special permits. Visitors of Athletics Hall are directed to Herne Street for leaving. On July 04, between 1 PM and 11 PM and July 05, between 9 AM and 11 PM, there will be operational closing of traffic on Juhkentali St from both Odra and Liivalaia side (except vehicles with special permits and public transportation) during times when high numbers of Dance Festival spectators are gathering and leaving.
With aticket forspectators arriving in a wheelchair, special permit parking spaces are reserved in Staadioni parking area. To apply for a special permit, first turn to the organiser`s HQ and if a permit is issued, take out the parking permit from the HQ (Oru Hotel) before arriving at the festival.
TALLINN SONG FESTIVAL GROUND AREA
- From July 01, 7 AM to July 08, 2 PM, parking in the parking area in front of Oru hotel is prohibited (also in the PARGI JA REISI area).
- From July 03, 7 AM to July 07, midnight, Joa St is converted into a one-way street (from side of Kuristiku St) and parking in this area is prohibited (except vehicles with the organiser`s special permits on the left side of the street).
- From July 04, 7 AM until July 07, midnight, parking vehicles in Russalka parking area, Pirita St in the direction exiting the city centre i.e. Vana-Pirita St – Pirita tee 20, Vana-Pirita St Pirita St – Pirita tee 20, parking areas in the vicinity of the Song Festival Ground`s Lasnamägi Gates and on Narva Road in the direction exiting the city centre from Narva Road 128 until Turba St is prohibited.
- From July 04, 7 AM until July 07, midnight, buses with the organiser`s special permits may stop to allow participants to exit and enter on Pirita St (Vana-Pirita St – Pirita St 20) in the direction exiting the city centre and on Narva Road (Kuristiku-Oru St both directions).
Speed limit 30 km/h applies:
- From July 04, 2 PM to July 07, 11 PM, in Narva St (Pirita St-Smuuli) and Pirita Street (Narva Road-Näitusekeskus (Exhibitions` Centre).
- From July 03, 7 AM until July 07, 11 PM, Kuristiku (Narva Road-Oru), Joa and Oru St (Narva Rd-Joa).
Narva Rd (Pirita St-Turba) is closed to public traffic from July 06, 17.30 – midnight (I concert) and July 07, 1 PM to 10 PM (II concert), the restriction does not apply to interurban buses.
With aticket forspectators arriving in a wheelchair, special permit parking spaces are reserved in the Song Festival Ground`s seaside parking area (Merevärav).
- From July 05, 9 PM until July 06, 6 PM, parking is prohibited in the area where the procession groups line up until the last participants in the procession leave Tõnismäe, Hariduse, Wismari (Toompuiestee-Toompea St), Roosikrantsi (Kaarli Avenue- Roosikrantsi 15) Streets. During the same period, Falgi Street will be converted into a two-way street to access Toompea from Toompuiestee.
- From July 06, 9 AM to 6 PM, traffic is closed in the area where the procession groups line up: Vabaduse Square, Kaarli, Roosikrantsi (Kaarli Av-Roosikrantsi 15), Hariduse, Tõnismäe, Toompea (Kaarli Av-Falgi St), Wismari (Toompea-Toompuiestee), Toompuiestee (Wismari-Endla), Luise (Toompuiestee-Koidu), Koidu (Luise-Endla), Endla (Suur-Ameerika-Tõnismäe), Pärnu Road (area between Liivalaia-Viru Square). As an exception, entry from Suur-Ameerika St to Lõkke St is open, due to closing Lõkke St entrance from Endla St side during line-up of groups.
- From July 06, 11 AM (interurban buses from noon) until 6 PM, public traffic is closed due to the procession on the route Vabaduse Square – Viru Square – Narva Road – Pirita St – Vana-Pirita St until the Song Festival Ground`s seaside gates (Merevärav). Trolley-bus traffic from Mustamägi only goes to Koidu St before U-turn. Buses will be redirected from Pärnu Road to Estonia Avenue during this time and from Estonia Avenue to Liivalaia St through Teatri Square and Lembitu St.